CORONAVIRUS: MOVEMENT AND TRAVELLING RESTRICTIONS
- CAN I MOVE OR TRAVEL AROUND ITALY? You cannot leave your house, except for valid reasons. Movement restrictions are the same in all Italian regions and are in force from 10 March to 3 April 2020. There will be checks by the police. There is an absolute ban on leaving your home for those who are quarantined or who tested positive for the virus. It is forbidden to use either public or private modes of transport to travel to a municipality other than the one in which you currently are, except for proven work needs, for an urgent necessity or for a health emergency. In case of symptoms of respiratory infection or fever above 37.5 degrees it is strongly recommended to stay at home, contact your doctor and limit all your contacts with others as much as possible.
- WHAT ARE THE ACCEPTED REASONS FOR LEAVING ONE'S HOME? You can leave the house to go to work, for health reasons or situations of need. To prove these needs, a self-declaration must be completed which can also be made sitting directly on the forms supplied to the police. The veracity of the declarations will be subject to subsequent checks.
- Can anyone who is away from home, home or residence come home? Yes, it being understood that then you can move only for work needs, situations of need and health reasons.
- If I live in one municipality and work in another, can I go back and forth? Yes, if it is a shift justified for business needs.
- CAN I USE PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION? Yes, public and private transportation operate regularly. Check time schedules in your area.
- IS IT POSSIBLE TO GO BUY FOOD? Yes, and there is no need to grab them because the stores will always be supplied. There is no limitation on the transit of goods: all goods, therefore not only those of primary necessity, can circulate on the national territory.
- CAN YOU GO OUT TO BUY GOODS OTHER THAN FOOD? Yes, but only in case of strict necessity, therefore only for the purchase of goods related to primary needs that cannot be postponed.
- CAN I GO AND EAT WITH RELATIVES? No, because this is not a necessary movement and it is therefore not allowed. In addition, on weekends, public holidays and pre-holidays, as well as during days immediately preceding or following them, it is forbidden to travel to a secondary home, including to a second residence used for vacations.
- CAN I GO AND ASSIST MY ELDERLY RELATIVES WHO ARE NOT SELF-SUFFICENT? Yes. But remember that the elderly are the most vulnerable people and therefore try to protect them as much as possible from contacts.
- Is motor activity allowed outdoors? Access to parks, villas, playing areas and public gardens is prohibited. Playing outdoor and recreational activities are also not permitted. Sports and physical activities carried out in open spaces are allowed if a 1-metre distance between individuals is respected and only in the vicinity of one's home. In any case, gatherings must be avoided.
- CAN I TAKE MY DOG OUT? Yes, for the daily management of its physiological needs and for veterinary checks.
- WHAT HAPPENS TO THOSE INDIVIDUALS WHO DON'T RESPECT THESE GUIDELINES? Violations of these provisions are punished with an administrative sanction up to 3,000 euros. Tougher penalties may also be imposed for behaviours consituting criminal offences and serious violations of the law.