Useful Information Concerning Administrative Continuation for Unaccompanied Foreign Minors Who Are 18 Years Old or Will Be in the Next Monthsናይ ምምሕዳርቀጻልነት፡ ንትሕቲ ዕድመ ዝመጹ ስደተኛታት፡ ዕድመኦም 18 ንዝመልኡን ክመልኡ ኣዋርሕ ንዝተረፎምን፡ ኣድለይቲ ሓበሬታታት

Hallo Everybody, 

With the widening of the Coronavirus state of emergency, many aspects of daily life have changed. For some of you in particular, your school and internships programs, the procedure to renew or obtain a residence permit have changed or slowed down.  

If you are in need of information or clarification about your personal situation, ask the following people for help: 

  • Your guardian,
  • Staff at the center where you live,
  • In case you shouldn’t reside in a center, avail yourself of a referral organization such as ARCI.

Here are some useful information on administrative continuation: 

What is Administrative Continuation? 

According to Italian law, Administrative Continuation grants unaccompanied foreign minors who hold a residence permit, are about to turn 18, the possibility to prolong their program of integration in Italy until they become 21 years old. 

Who Qualifies for Administrative Continuation? 

Administrative Continuation is for all unaccompanied foreign minors who are about to turn 18 years old and hold a residence permit. 

Who Files the Petition for Administrative Continuation?  

  • Your guardian,


  • The Department of Social Services of the town where you live, in cooperation with the staff of the center where you reside.

    NBShould you have a problem filing the petition via your guardian or Social Services, you may ask for help from a referral organization (e. g. ARCI) to petition Juvenile Court directly. 

How Is the Petition for Administrative Continuation Filed? 

The request for Administrative Continuation is filed directly in Juvenile Court (Request forms are available online.)  

In the petition for Administrative Continuation, Social Services will ask Juvenile Court to prolong your stay till the age of 21 in the facility where you live so as to insure the continuation of the programs you have undertaken upon arriving in Italy. 

Where Must the Petition Be Filed? 

  • The Government Attorney's Office at Juvenile Court 


  • In Juvenile Court directly.

When Must the Petition Be Filed? 

Before the minor's 18th birthday. 

What Decision Might One Expect? 

After a careful evaluation, Juvenile Court can decide to assign the minor to Social Services thus prolonging his/her stay in the center of residence until his/her 21st birthday is reached. 

What if the Decision Is Negative? 

In this instance our advice is to ask your guardian or the staff of the center where you live for more information regarding your personal situation. 

Is It Possible to File a Petition for Administrative Continuation During This Emergency? 

Yes. For further information ask your guardian or the staff at the center where you live for additional information regarding your situation. 

You may also like...

English (UK)
Italiano Français አማርኛ العربية বাংলা 简体中文 Español ਪੰਜਾਬੀ Русский Af Soomaali Shqip ትግርኛ اردو Wolof English (UK)