TRAFFICKING IN HUMAN BEINGS IS A SERIOUS HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATION
IF YOU FIND OR HAVE FOUND YOURSELF BEING EXPLOITED, THERE IS HELP FOR YOU
Free – Confidential – Open 24/24
In Italy there are programs that offer protection and assistance to those who find or have found
themselves being exploited. These programs deliver protection by providing housing in safe
shelters, give legal and medical assistance and, should you desire it, help gain residence in
Italy. When you call, you will be adviced to enroll in a special assistance program whose
guidelines will be explained.
You are free to call simply to get information, to find out more about the services that are available or to ask for immediate help. The Helpline is free and confindential.
Should you find yourself in this situation, you can:
- Get information about about the law and what kind of assistance you are entitled to receive
- Get the medical assistance you need
- If your personal safety is a concern, you can be placed in a safe shelter
- You can ask to remain in Italy by applying for international protection or by requesting another type of residence permit
- Or you can ask to be repatriated to the country of origin via a program of assisted voluntary return.
Presidenza del Consiglio dei Ministri / Ministero dell’Interno / Unhcr