IF YOU FIND OR HAVE FOUND YOURSELF BEING EXPLOITED, THERE IS HELP FOR YOU
Free – Confidential – Open 24/24
In Italy there are programs that offer protection and assistance to those who find or have found
themselves being exploited. These programs deliver protection by providing housing in safe
shelters, give legal and medical assistance and, should you desire it, help gain residence in
Italy. When you call, you will be adviced to enroll in a special assistance program whose
guidelines will be explained.
You are free to call simply to get information, to find out more about the services that are available or to ask for immediate help. The Helpline is free and confindential.
Should you find yourself in this situation, you can:
- Get information about about the law and what kind of assistance you are entitled to receive
- Get the medical assistance you need
- If your personal safety is a concern, you can be placed in a safe shelter
- You can ask to remain in Italy by applying for international protection or by requesting another type of residence permit
- Or you can ask to be repatriated to the country of origin via a program of assisted voluntary return.
“Mi sono fidata di quella donna che mi ha promesso di farmi venire in
Italia per cambiare la mia vita. Adesso, dopo un viaggio terribile, mi
trovo qui, costretta a prostituirmi per pagare un debito”.
J. R. 22 years old
“I faced a long journey because my father decided that I should come to Europe to help the family. Now I work 10 hours a day, every day of the week, without rest. I live in the same place where I work, and I'm still repaying the debt for the trip to the person who placed me at this job.”
M. H. 18 years old
“Mi hanno convinto a partire dicendomi che qui avrei trovato una vita
migliore e adesso vivo per strada chiedendo soldi e dando una parte
di quello che guadagno a chi mi ha fatto arrivare”.
G. S. 20 years old
Presidenza del Consiglio dei Ministri / Ministero dell’Interno / Unhcr